The Bushnell 8×42 Legacy WP is one of the best binoculars in the Bushnell line of binocular Porro Prism designs. This model has been highly rated in the binocular category for its unique highly enhanced optical features, durability and affordable prices in the market.
It is best recommended for outdoor use. Recreational lovers and anyone looking for binoculars for bird watching and sightseeing can have a field day with this pair.
Below we look at some of the features that makes this binocular such an outstanding product.
Best Optical Illusions
This pair has fully multi-coated optics and a BaK-4 prism that guarantee proper light transmission and therefore project the best image quality. The optical glass is coated with magnesium fluoride. This regulates light loss, enhances vision and reduces eye fatigue.
The pair has high quality zooming lenses that enable one to focus even on far away images. Its eye cups are twistable, enabling an all round view of images from different directions. With an 8x42mm optical wide angle lens focus, you are guaranteed the best images with these binoculars.
Reviewers have praised the Bushnell Legacy’s design for it clear images and sharp focus even when viewing fast moving objects, producing a clear view without flare or distortion. Because of the photosensitive abilities of the binoculars, the user is able to use them even at low light during dawn and dusk; they also do a great job of capturing diminishing light.
Additionally they have a 5.25 mm exit pupil range that enables one to keep on their glasses with no problem whatsoever. Users can use sun glasses in extreme sunny situations and still enjoy amazing views.
The Best Binoculars in Its Price Range
Compared to other binoculars of similar optical illusions and power in the market, these binoculars have the best price tag. A pair only goes for $100 on some stores and less than $90 on Amazon. The prices differ depending on the retailer, size and added accessories to the gadget. Generally, in most online stores the design goes for less than $100. This is a good price for a pair of binoculars that has so many quality features.
Water and Shock Proof
This is one of the best features of the binoculars. They have hydrogen filled chambers that prevent contamination of the inside compartments by fog and moisture. This reduces the caution of the user to these two aspects that are known to cause great damage to gadgets. So the user can use them during mountain climbing and engage in other outdoor activities without fear of damage to their binoculars.
Just like the Redfield Renegade 7×50mm series, this pair is also shock absorbent. Users do not have to worry when using them for outdoor activities.
The 8×42 Legacy has one of the sleekest designs in the market. Reviewers regard it as one of the best designs and here is why:
- Flexible center Knob—it has an over-sized center focus knob that allows the user to adjust it accurately for precise focusing.
- Twist-up eye cups—these ones were clearly designed for eye watching as the eye ups can be twisted up and down. In addition the design accommodates your hands accurately to reduce fatigue if you are holding for long periods of time.
- Lens caps—like other Bushnell designs, it also comes with lens caps that protect the binoculars lens against any damage.
- Abrasion free rubber exterior—while other binoculars are prone to scratches and cuts on their surface this design is not. Made out of the softest and most durable rubber material, protects your binoculars from external damage while providing a soft and smooth surface for your hands to hold on to. This makes this design ideal for rugged environments for example mountain climbing and sightseeing in windy places.
- Weight—although it can be a bit heavy for your pocket, this design it is worth the effort. It is actually lighter than previous designs as it weighs only 751g. Although other users find it heavy, it is better compared to similar designs in the same category, which may weigh more than a kilogram.
- Tripod stand mount—just like other Bushnell series binocular designs, this one also comes with a tripod mount port at the bottom. This way when viewing for a long time, a user can opt to carry a tripod which they mount the Binoculars on and reduce fatigue of holding it by hand for long periods of time.
- Bold color—it comes in sleek, bold black colors. These are not only ideal professionally but also are good colors for outdoor use.
The Bushnell 8×42 Legacy binocular is the best proof that performance and quality do not need to have a hefty price tag. Retailing at $100 to $150, the Legacy WP has topnotch features such as the fully multi-coated lenses, and the BaK-4 prisms that when combined with the 42 mm objective lenses and the edgy Porro Prism design, you get enhanced resolution and light transmission. Overall, the Bushnell 8×42 Legacy WP gives you top performance for its price range, truly making it worth every penny and more.